Does your job require you to carry CN / CS Tear Gas or OC Pepper Spray? If so, California penal code requires you to complete training and obtain a license before you are legally allowed to carry pepper spray or tear gas on the job. Police Science Institute can fulfill these requirements by offering a Tear Gas / Pepper Spray class.
Some of the topics covered in this class are:
- Who may carry tear gas or pepper spray?
- Where are you allowed to and not allowed to carry it?
- When can you spray someone?
- What happens if i use it offensively?
- What liability do I assume?
- What is CN / CS / OC and how does it affect humans?
- What is OC and how does it differ from CN / CS?
- Proper storage, testing and handling of canisters
- Will it work equally on everyone?
- Spraying animals vs. spraying humans.
- What are the most effective tactics to use when spraying?
- How does various weather affect spraying?
- Psychological and Physiological effects on an attacker.
- When is it safer not to use it?
- Emergency treatment for accidental sprays.