Dislocated Workers Grant
Over 11 Million Dollars Available In California For Dislocated Workers
The state of California is in partnership with local Workforce Development areas across the state. Your local workforce in Fresno, County will provide employment services, training, work-based learning and support services to participants to help them go back to work.
Who Is Eligible For The California Covid-19 Dislocated Workers Grant?
Workers laid off due to quarantine orders or business closures related to disruptions caused by the outbreak are eligible participants. Also eligible are workers unable to go to their regular workplace due to social distancing requirements, as well as those missing work to care for a family member.
Other Ways To Qualify Under “Dislocated Worker”
- Has been terminated or laid off, and is eligible or exhausted unemployment insurance. Or has been employed by an employer for a sufficient time who was not covered under State unemployment compensation law and is unlikely to return to that industry or occupation.
- Has been terminated or laid off as a result of permanent closure or has received a letter/general announcement that the employer will permanently close in the next 180 days.
- Was self-employed, but unemployed due to a natural disaster.
- Is a displace homemaker. An individual providing unpaid services to a family member in the home who depends on the income of another family member. Or is the dependent spouse of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty.
- Is a spouse of a member of Armed Forces on active duty who has experienced loss of employment due to relocation and is experiencing difficulty obtaining employment.
If you qualify as a “Dislocated Worker” The Police Science Institute is a training provider and in partnership with local Workforce Development agencies. The Fresno Regional Workforce Development Board, Madera County Workforce, The Job Training Office in Hanford/Lemoore.
The 4 Week Security Training Program is funded by the Workforce Development Board if you qualify. The 140 hour training has a session scheduled every month. We have a 95% job placement rate for those looking for a career in the security field and a pathway into law enforcement and corrections. Job placement assistance is available.
To apply for a scholarship under this grant for “Dislocated Worker” you must go into the Fresno County Workforce Connection office between 8AM-4PM and complete the orientation and required paperwork. If you are not registered with CalJobs you can register here.
3302 N. Blackstone Ave #155 Fresno CA 93726
(Located inside the Machester Mall)
Cross Streets, Blackstone & Shields.
Have Questions For Workforce Connection
What Type Of Jobs Opportunities Can
Our 4 Week Security Training Offer?
Armored Transport, Hospital Security Officer, Courthouse Security, Armed Protection Services, Executive Protection, Casino Security, Loss Prevention, Federal Protective Services, School Resource Officers, Store/Retail Security Officers, Patrol Drivers, and Security Officers for special events. There are many new business opening who bring new job opportunities.