This beginning Defensive Shotgun Course was added to our roster of training classes last year. This shotgun class has sold out the past two times we have offered it. Register before it sells out! Must be 18 years of age to participate.
Receipt of payment will be your confirmation of class spot.
You can also sign up and pay in person as long as space is still available.
Goals For The Shotgun Course
- Understand the parts of the shotgun, ammunition, and malfunctions.
- Understand the 5 fundamentals of shooting a shotgun
- Demonstrate the use of a shotgun safely.
- Understand the uses of a shotgun; sporting, hunting, and self-defense.
- Live fire on the range.
Basics of Shooting The Shotgun
- Gun ready position
- Swing to target
- Trigger pull
- follows through (Using the shotgun as a defensive firearm.)
- Shotgun & Ammunition
- 1 Box Slugs (5 Shotshells)
- 1 Box 00 Buck (5 Shotshells)
- 1 Box #7 Shot (25 Shotshells)
- Ear & Eye Protection (We do have loaners available.)
- First Shots 2-3 buckshot
- Instructor demo of shot patterns
- Shooting slugs from distance
- Defensive shooting in/out of the home.
Dr. Jack Shantz
Dr. Shantz has been in the healthcare industry for greater than 40 years. His career began as a combat medic, educated as a Registered Nurse, and achieved his Doctorate in Psychology to practice as both a clinical psychologist and organizational psychologist.
Dr. Shantz has been teaching at Police Science Institute for several years. He is one of our senior CCW Instructors, Utah CCW and offers private instruction. He has taught at several universities for the past 25 years. During his career in teaching he has published and performed research.
He is a proud Veteran of the US Air Force and Navy (both enlisted and Officer.) During his career he has treated active duty and veterans. His Certifications include: Pistol, Shotgun, Inside and Outside the Home Defense, and is also a Glock Armorer.
Marcos Moreno is a decorated Army Veteran now retired. He has served in multiple combat zones around the world. He is currently employed as an armed security professional and firearms instructor.
Mr. Moreno is highly specialized in multiple types of weapons. He is an NRA and DOJ Certified Instructor with significant expertise both inside and outside the home. His NRA Certifications include: Pistol, Shotgun, and In-The-Home-Defense.