Defensive Shotgun Course
Sunday, November 8th, 2020
A Beginning Defensive Shotgun Course
Limited To 16 Students
Police Science Institute
5133 N. Gates Suite 102
Fresno CA 93722
This shotgun class has sold out the past three times we have offered it. This class is normally offered twice a year. Must be 18 years of age to participate.
At this time due to demand we will not be offering refunds for cancellations or no shows. If you have to cancel due to an emergency a credit will be held for a future class. Please make sure you are available before booking your class. Receipt of payment from PayPal will be your confirmation of class reservation. Make sure your PayPal email is up to date you will receive a reminder closer to the class date.
Goals For The Shotgun Course
1.Understand the parts of the shotgun, ammunition, and malfunctions.
2.Understand the 5 fundamentals of shooting a shotgun
3.Demonstrate the use of a shotgun safely.
4.Understand the uses of a shotgun; sporting, hunting, and self-defense.
5.Live fire on the range
Training Portion Of The Shotgun Course
- Basics of Shooting The Shotgun
- Gun ready position
- Swing to target
- Trigger control
- Follow through (Using the shotgun as a defensive firearm.)
Knowing Your Shotgun
- Parts of the shotgun
- How the shotgun works
- Ammunition and chokes
- Loading, unloading, malfunctions
- Carrying/holding the shotgun safely
Equipment Required and Instructor Demo
- Shotgun & Ammunition
- 1 Box Slugs (5 Shotshells)
- 1 Box 00 Buck (5 Shotshells)
- 1 Box #7 Shot (25 Shotshells)
- Ear & Eye Protection
- First Shots 2-3 buckshot
- Instructor demo of shot patterns
- Shooting slugs from distance
- Defensive shooting in/out of the home.