A Beginning Defensive Shotgun Course
Limited To 16 Students
This shotgun class has sold out the past three times we have offered it. Register before it sells out! This class is normally offered twice a year. Must be 18 years of age to participate.
For an extra cost we have 6 shotguns available for this class. Ammunition will be included. Four 12-Gauge & Two 20-Gauge. Regular standard fee with your own shotgun and ammo is $125.
Receipt of payment will be your confirmation of class spot.
Goals For The Shotgun Course
1.Understand the parts of the shotgun, ammunition, and malfunctions.
2.Understand the 5 fundamentals of shooting a shotgun
3.Demonstrate the use of a shotgun safely.
4.Understand the uses of a shotgun; sporting, hunting, and self-defense.
5.Live fire on the range
Training Portion Of The Shotgun Course
- Basics of Shooting The Shotgun
- Gun ready position
- Swing to target
- Trigger control
- Follow through (Using the shotgun as a defensive firearm.)
Knowing Your Shotgun
- Parts of the shotgun
- How the shotgun works
- Ammunition and chokes
- Loading, unloading, malfunctions
- Carrying/holding the shotgun safely
Equipment Required and Instructor Demo
- Shotgun & Ammunition
- 1 Box Slugs (5 Shotshells)
- 1 Box 00 Buck (5 Shotshells)
- 1 Box #7 Shot (25 Shotshells)
- Ear & Eye Protection
- (We do have loaners available.)
- First Shots 2-3 buckshot
- Instructor demo of shot patterns
- Shooting slugs from distance
- Defensive shooting in/out of the home.